Human Resources Manager - Bodmin - £45-50,000 Negotiable DOE
Well Placed HR have been exclusively engaged by a high performing Cornish business operating the FMCG sector, who have tasked us with sourcing their next Human Resources Manager, pivotal role that will lead the people management function (circa 200 employees). The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis to be based at the company’s headquarters in Bodmin.
Working closely with the Managing Director and supporting two members of the people management function, this will be a broad and interesting role that would be well suited to an experienced generalist with exposure in most aspects of HRM. Key responsibilities to include:
- Mentor and develop two members of the HRM team (HR Administrator and Training Specialist)
- Advise senior management team in relevant changes to legislation and regulations
- Implement, develop and manage a full range of HR processes and employee relations initiatives
- Lead the recruitment, selection and onboarding process delegating administrative tasks
- Monitor and manage employee time keeping systems
- Work with Training Specialist to ensure continued employee development
- Take a lead role in pay and rewards analysis and develop new initiatives to ensure strong employee retention
- Conduct exit interviews
- Liaise with department managers to ensure timely and compliant employee review meetings
- Ensure digital HR systems are kept up to date making system improvements where required
- Take a lead role in health and wellbeing benefit planning and implementation
- Liaise with finance team to collate payroll information
The candidate we are searching for: An experienced HR generalist with no less than 3 years’ experience gained in an end-to-end HRM role. Applicants should be qualified to CPD Level 5 or above, or possess suitable vocational experience. Previous experience gained within a manufacturing or FMCG environment would be desirable but certainly not essential. This is a pivotal appointment where the successful candidate will require experience in designing and implementing efficient HR policies & procedures, contracts of employment, and possess an up to date knowledge of UK employment law.
The role works with a friendly, supportive and passionate management team, and offers an excellent remuneration package, competitive benefits both financial and non-financial. Interviews to be held ASAP. For further details and to apply, please contact Emily Rowlands quoting reference ER9167. All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.