Human Resources & Payroll Manager - Truro - £30-45,000
Well Placed HR are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a long established and highly regarded Cornish manufacturing business who seek to recruit an experienced Human Resources and Payroll Manager to lead their people management function. The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and will be principally based from the company’s headquarters located on the outskirts of Truro (with free onsite parking).
This will be broad-ranging and fulfilling opportunity where the successful candidate will play a key role in the people management of approximately 200 employees. Working closely with the company directors and senior management team, the role will be supported by a small finance team that are well versed in company payroll responsibilities. Key focus of the role to include:
- General maintenance of HR systems and employee files
- Play a key role in all aspects of the company’s recruitment strategy
- Lead the recruitment interviewing and onboarding processes working in collaboration with department managers
- Deliver and support training and development initiatives (virtual and face-to-face)
- Maintain and update employee handbooks and company policies
- Support appraisals and probation reviews
- Lead consultations for contractual change
- Develop relationships with apprentice training providers
- Lead on all aspects of employee relations
- Oversee monthly payroll via finance function and time management systems
For this role we seek an experienced HR Manager, ideally CIPD level 5/7 qualified and with good experience of general payroll management. Suitable candidates will ideally, though certainly not essentially have previous experienced gained in a manufacturing/industrial services environment and have up to date knowledge of employment legislation with proven experience in enhancing and improving existing processes. The successful candidate will be a well-known and respected member of the team so great communication skills and a cheerful disposition will be essential!
For further details and to apply, please contact Emily Rowlands quoting reference ER9061. Our client seeks to appoint without delay so please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.