Human Resources & Payroll Officer - Near Truro - Circa: £30,000 fully negotiable depending on experience
Well Placed HR have been exclusively engaged to assist one of Cornwall’s longest standing commercial manufacturers who, through continued growth, now seek to recruit an experienced HR & Payroll Officer. This is a newly created permanent and full time position, which will be based from the company’s headquarters located on the outskirts of Truro (free parking). The company may consider a particularly experienced applicant seeking a 4 day working week or alternative part time working hours.
The company has historically outsourced its human resources function to an external consultancy but with headcount now exceeding 200 employees, they seek to recruit a candidate who can develop and implement in house HR & payroll initiatives to modernise the people management department. The business will continue its relationship with the external consultancy who will assist with large HR projects and rollouts. This is a broad role with a balanced focus split between people management and payroll tasks. Core responsibilities:
- Management of end-to-end weekly and monthly payrolls with integration of time management systems
- General HR management to include delivery of HR policies, ensuring quality procedures and adhering to current HR protocol
- Play a key role in all aspects of the recruitment and onboarding process to include creating recruitment campaigns and working with employment consultancies
- Maintain, update and develop employee contracts and paperwork to include time management systems
- Act as an initial point of contact for employee queries and advise on HR issues
- Promote a caring, inclusive working environment for all employees
- Deliver pay and performance programs
- Liaise with payroll administration teams to ensure smooth delivery of the function
- Respond to queries relating to pay, pensions and benefits
For this role we seek an HR and payroll generalist with at least two years of recently gained experience and working to CIPD level 5 or higher. Exposure to payroll systems and a good knowledge of payroll practices is essential, with a knowledge of time management systems desirable. This is a fast-paced role that works with colleagues throughout the organisation so a sensitive, proactive and compassionate attitude will be essential. Our client is keen to secure the right candidate for the role and has an open and flexible attitude where remuneration is concerned.
For further details and to apply, please contact Emily Rowlands quoting reference ER8097 ASAP. This is an urgent requirement and this client may consider interim assistance; immediately available candidates are welcome to enquire in addition to those with notice periods to consider.