Human Resources Manager - St Columb- £45-55,000
Ever dreamt of building your own grand design? Let’s imagine you’ve secured a great plot in a truly beautiful location, you’ve found an amazing team of architects and builders to work with you and support your ideas. Now it’s down to you to design and project manage every detail of the build. Sounds great. Even better, let’s say your plot is so vast that you’ve got the potential to build your house even bigger as you come up with new ideas and plans over the coming years.
This is the vocational equivalent of a ground up grand design. A career opportunity that looks great in its current form, but with potential to develop into something completely out of this world. Well Placed HR have been exclusively retained by a manufacturing business that has grown at an extraordinary speed and shows no sign of slowing down. With a head count that has increased from less than 20 to over 100 in a little more than a few years, it now turns over in excess of £15M and produces products for industrial customers throughout the UK.
It’s time to bring in a dedicated Human Resources Manager, a brand new position with the company and pivotal recruitment project. Headed up by an energetic and extremely entrepreneurial board of directors, this is no ordinary HR Manager opportunity. It’s an opportunity to shape and develop a seriously efficient people management function from the ground up and designed to facilitate accelerated growth and a series of major recruitment projects. The role has the potential to be a career game changer. Core features of the role to include:
- Design, implement and develop a robust people management function from scratch, providing a high quality HRM service to existing and incoming employees
- Develop and maintain modern digital people management systems
- Ensure compliance with UK people management legislation and best practice
- Take a lead role in talent attraction, recruitment and onboarding of skilled UK and internationally based employees working to ensure that the business is considered to be the “Employer of choice”
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure that the payroll function operates with 100% efficiency
- Mentor and develop a junior colleague, eager to develop their skills
- Review of current time management system and implementation of new systems to accommodate the changing requirements of this growing company
- Develop high quality employee relations policy and practice
- Work closely with the senior management Team to develop road maps for staff including L&D programs and CPD
- Liaise with Health & Safety focussed stakeholders.
- Develop and implement rewards and benefits schemes
- Act as a first line of support for disciplinary procedures
- Manage the implementation of company equality, diversity and social responsibility practices
The role requires an HR Manager with at least 3-5 years of recently gained experience in a similar role and with some/all exposure gained within a busy manufacturing or services environment, ideally a larger employer. Applicants should be qualified to CIPD Level 5/7 or equivalent and possess good generalist HRM knowledge, ideally gained within a fast-growth nationally operating business. Good general IT experience as well as experience using modern HR software essential. This is a highly communicative and visible role where the successful candidate will develop strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the business, so great team working and communication skills will be a prerequisite!
In addition to a generous base salary, the company offers a range of non-financial benefits to include a flexible, hybrid working arrangement.
For further details and to apply, please contact Carly Kellow quoting reference CK9624 as soon as possible. All expressions of interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.